Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Counting down to 2011 - 3 more days to 01.01.2011

2010 is a great year for me!
1. Married to my wonderful husband and moved to Iowa
2. Worked with my friend to develop Yours Moment website
(not in full force yet as I am still waiting for a software to come)
3. Traveled to West Coast with my girlfriends
4. Visited my family and friends back home in Malaysia
5. Assisted my sister with the preparations for her wedding in November.

Let's review the list!

I was thrilled when my hubby asked if I would like to spend the rest of my life with him (with the lovely hand-painted banner!). Sure I am! We would like to thank all our family and friends who helped us to celebrate the meaningful moment of our life. 01.01.2011 is coming up! Cheers to our first anniversary on the new year day!

Was it hard to say bye to NYC? (A place where many people have been dreaming to visit/live!) Well, it was not too hard in terms of leaving the single lonely nights in NYC. BUT it was hard to leave my wonderful friends, family, and colleagues. They were the greatest companion during all my lonely nights in NY. We celebrated the holiday season together, tried out new restaurants around the city, and even the grocery shopping with my girlfriends was fun! Thank you my lovely NY folks!

Next up was to planning a all-girls getaway! Air tickets - booked; hotel - booked; car - checked; map - ready; and we ready to have fun. That was my first all-girls vacation and it was fun. We had so much fun together. Thanks Eva, Kay, and Julie for joining the West Coast trip! I miss you all. Hope you have a great holiday!

Visiting Malaysia is ALWAYS a big deal! Who doesn't like to spend more time with their dearest family? There is no exception for me either. I miss my family and glad to be able to spend three months holidays with them. I would like to thank everyone who made an effort to visit or just hang out with me. Mom, I just miss your home cook food so much! Yes, I am learning and trying to prepare sumptuous homemade meals for my family. Thanks for sharing your recipes! I will be back in year 2012 (hopefully another long vacation for both my husband and I)!

Last but not least is to helping my sister to get ready with her traditional Chinese wedding. Oh my...by looking at the to-do list, there were just enormous amount of things to do and there were many customs for a traditional Chinese wedding (hopefully we get to hold a modern Chinese wedding with less customs when it is our turn in year 2012)! Despite tremendous amount of things to complete before the wedding, our goal was to have wonderful time with our long-time-no-see relatives and friends. We hope that everyone enjoyed the party and had fun chit-chat with each other!


Let's CHEERS for year 2010!
Photo belongs to Author own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment